Anchorage Eye Exams
Every American should have a regular eye exam to ensure there are no eye problems developing that could be treated early. Here at Conley Marcum, OD, we offer annual eye exams to patients living in or around Anchorage from a qualified optometrist in order to protect your vision. We consider yearly eye exams to be just as important as your regular dental visits and your yearly physical exams, and we make it easy for you to visit our office.
Many eye problems and conditions can be diagnosed and treated early. With newer technology, patients in Anchorage have access to innovative solutions for many eye problems without dealing with the invasive treatments of the past. Our main goal is to keep you comfortable even as we address all your eye care needs and guarantee you are protected from future issues.
What Is Involved in Your Eye Exam?
Our annual physical exams are available to the people of Anchorage and the surrounding areas, and our eye doctors ensure that your sight is safe through several steps.
- Personal History – We review your personal history to watch closely for any inherited conditions or diseases.
- Visual Acuity – We pay close attention to the most important part of your eye exam, checking your vision’s clarity and sharpness in order to diagnose hyperopia, myopia, presbyopia, and astigmatism.
- Eye Function – We measure things like color vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, the way light affects your pupils and eye muscle movements during your exam.
- Keratometry – We also measure the curve or shape of the cornea in order to fit you for contacts, detect corneal diseases or determine if you are a candidate for LASIK.
- Eye Focusing and Movement – During your exam, we test the ability of your eyes to move together and focus correctly.
- Eye Health – We also test for glaucoma and other conditions during your yearly eye exam.
- Refraction Assessment – In order to determine if you are in need of a vision correction procedure, we measure how light focuses on the back of your eye.
- Retinal Exam – We look at the blood vessels optic nerve, and retinal tissue in the back of the eye to determine if the retina is healthy. We also have advance instrumentation to help detect retinal problems at an early stage when there may be no symptoms.
Many of our tests are simple and easily performed, but we are here to answer any questions you have.
Contact Us Today
If you need an optometrist near Anchorage, come to us first. Call us today at (907) 336-4400 to schedule an appointment with a qualified eye doctor that cares.